A new guide to the English tongue: [microform] : In five parts. ... The whole, being recommended by several clergymen and eminent schoolmasters, as the most useful perforance for the instruction of youth, is designed for the use of schools in Great Britain and Ireland. / By Thomas Dilworth, author of The schoolmasters assistant; and schoolmaster in Wappin.
- The eighth edition.
- Philadelphia: : Printed and sold by B. Franklin,, MDCCXLVII. 
- Early American imprints. First series ; no. 40424.
, iv-ix, , 154 p. ; (12mo)
- English language -- Orthography and spelling.
English language -- Grammar.
Poems -- 1747.
- Place of Publication:
- United States Pennsylvania Philadelphia.
- Edition statement transposed; precedes "By Thomas Dilworth ..." on title page.
The only known copy, held by Columbia University Library, lacks several leaves.
"To Mr. Dilworth, on his New guide, &c."--p. [x], in verse, signed: J. Duick.
Microfiche. [New York : Readex Microprint, 1985] 11 x 15 cm. (Early American imprints. First series ; no. 40424).
- Cited in:
- Bristol B1343
Shipton & Mooney 40424
Miller, C.W. Franklin, 415
- Duick, J. (John)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|