To the customers for Thomas's Massachusetts spy. [microform] : ... The tax on news-paper advertisements has a direct tendency not only to restrain, but to destroy those necessary vehicles of publick information, by taking away their only support ... These considerations have induced the printer of the Massachusetts spy, although with greatest reluctance, to discontinue the publication of that news-paper ...
- [Worcester, Mass. : Printed by Isaiah Thomas, 1786]
- Early American imprints. First series ; no. 44975.
1 sheet ( p.) ; 34 x 22 cm.
- Massachusetts. Act for repealing a law ... intitled, "An act imposing duties on licenced vellum, parchment and paper," and for imposing other duties on certain papers ...
Massachusetts spy (Worcester, Mass.)
Worcester magazine (Worcester, Mass. : 1786)
Publishers and publishing -- Massachusetts -- Worcester.
Periodicals -- Publishing -- Massachusetts -- Worcester.
Freedom of the press -- Massachusetts.
Newspaper publishing -- Massachusetts -- Worcester.
Advertising laws -- Massachusetts.
- Place of Publication:
- United States Massachusetts Worcester.
- Includes also proposals for publishing the Worcester magazine in lieu of the Massachusetts spy as "advertisements accompanying magazines are not subjected to a duty."
Signed: Isaiah Thomas. Printing-office, Worcester, April 3d, 1786.
Printed area measures 28.4 x 16.5 cm.
Microfiche. [New York : Readex Microprint, 1985] 11 x 15 cm. (Early American imprints. First series ; no. 44975).
- Cited in:
- Bristol B6374
Shipton & Mooney 44975
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|