A topographical and political description of the Spanish part of Saint-Domingo, [microform] : containing, general observations on the climate, population, and productions; on the character and manners of the inhabitants; with an account of the several branches of the government: : to which is prefixed, a new, correct, and elegant map of the whole island. / By M.L.E. Moreau de Saint-Mery. Member of the Philosophical Society of Philadelphia, &c. ; Translated from the French by William Cobbett. ; Vol. I[-II].
- Standardized Title:
- Description topographique et politique de la partie espagnole de l'isle Saint-Domingue. English
- Philadelphia: : printed and sold by the author, printer and bookseller, no. 84, South Front-Street., 1796.
- Early American imprints. First series ; no. 30818.
2 v. : 1 map ; 22 cm. (8vo)
- Dominican Republic -- Description and travel.
Dominican Republic -- History -- To 1844.
- Subscribers' lists.
Maps -- Hispaniola.
- Place of Publication:
- United States Pennsylvania Philadelphia.
- Vol. 1: 8, 8, liv, 314 p.,  folded leaf of plates; v. 2, 318,  p.
List of subscribers, v. 1, p. -8. Errata note, v. 2, p. .
The table of contents, p. -318, was not translated by Cobbett. Cf. the note, p. .
Microfiche. [New York : Readex Microprint, 1985] 11 x 15 cm. (Early American imprints. First series ; no. 30818).
- Cited in:
- Evans 30818
Gaines, P.W. Cobbett, 15a
- Cobbett, William, 1763-1835, tr.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|