Handmaidens and battleaxes : the real story of nursing [videorecording] / Silver Films.
- Australia : Ronin Films, 1990.
1 videocassette (VHS) (approx. 55 min.) : sd., col. with b&w sequences ; 1/2 in.
Nursing -- Australia -- History.
Nursing -- England -- History.
Nursing -- United States -- History.
Women -- History -- Australia.
Women -- History -- England.
Women -- History -- United States.
- Documentary films.
- Traces the role of Australian nurses from pre-industrial times to the modern day. The film probes why nursing evolved primarily as a women's profession and examines the psychological and sociological influences that have held the profession in check and fed the age old disregard for the work of the nurse. The film gives a global picture of nursing, using Australia as a case study but with comparative input from American and British counterparts.
- A film by Rosalind Gillespie.
- Forms part of: Center for the Study of the History of Nursing Videotape Collection.
- Gillespie, Rosalind. , Director
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|