2.5 linear ft.
- The collection has been arranged into four series: I. Old York Road Public Health Nursing Center, 1928-1955; II. Institutional, Board and committee records, 1931-1985; III. Administration, 1944-1986; IV. Other organizations, 1943-1979.
- Visiting Nurse Association of Ambler and Vicinity -- Pennsylvanfia -- Montgomery County.
Old York Road Public Health -- Pennsylvania -- Montgomery County.
Springfield-Whitemarsh Visiting Nurse Association, Inc -- Pennsylvania.
Abinton Memorial Hospital -- Pennsylvania -- Abinton.
United Way of Southeastern Pennsylvania.
National League for Nursing.
Community health nursing -- Pennsylvania -- Ambler.
Community health nursing -- Pennsylvania -- Montgomery County.
Community health services -- administration.
Community health services -- finance.
Community health services -- utilization.
Public health nursing.
Infants care and hygiene.
- Annual reports.
- The Visiting Nurse Association of Eastern Montgomery County, Inc. had its beginning in 1919 when the Old York Road Public Health Center was formed. Around 1943, the agency changed its name to York Road Family and Health Center. In 1944, it became two separate agencies--the Lower Montgomery Family Service and the Old York Road Public Health Nursing Center. The latter merged with the Springfield-Whitemarsh Visiting Nurse Association, Inc. (formed in Flourtown, PA, in 1920) in 1956 and formed the Visiting Nurse Association of Eastern Montgomery County, Inc. In 1984, the Visiting Nurse Association of Ambler and Vicinity merged into the agency. In 1988, the agency merged into the Abinton Memorial Hospital to become a department of the hospital.
- This collection documents the development of a visiting nursing association in east Montgomery County, PA, from 1919 to the present. The collection consists of some historical material of the agency in its early years, fairly large proportion of formal records since the early 1930's, administration files, and files of other organizations.
- Finding Aid/Index:
- Unpublished finding aid in repository.
- Cited as:
- Visiting Nurse Association of Eastern Montgomery County Records, Center for the Study of the History of Nursing, School of Nursing, Unversity of Pennsylvania.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|