The trail of beauty : for mezzo soprano, solo oboe and orchestra / by David Amram ; based on poetry, prayers and speeches of Native American peoples ; in memory of Marcel Tabuteau.
- [United States : s. n. ; 1976].
1 score (102 p.) ; 49 cm. + 1 condensed score (64 p.) ; 34-35 cm.
- Songs (Medium voice) with orchestra -- Scores.
Indians of North America -- Songs and music.
Amram, David -- Manuscripts -- Facsimiles.
Music -- Manuscripts -- Facsimiles.
- Prologue / Navajo prayer
Thanks to the Earth where men dwell / text from the Iroquois constitution
Song of the sky loom / traditional Laguna Pueblo melody
Every part of this soil is sacred / Chief Seattle.
- Cover title.
Reproduced from holographs (full score - ozalid copy; condensed score - photocopy).
Based on Native American traditional chants and melodies.
"Commissioned by members of the Rittenhouse Square Women's Committee for the Philadelphia Orchestra, Eugene Ormandy, Music Director, John De Lancie, oboe soloist"-- Cover.
Premiered by the Philadelphia Orchestra, 1977.
Forms part of: Eugene Ormandy Archive, Special Collections, Van Pelt Library, University of Pennsylvania.
- Local notes:
- Also included: one photocopy of condensed score (36 cm.), one photocopy of first movement in condensed score (28. cm.), and one ozalid copy of movements 2-3 in condensed score (34 cm.).
Full score extensively marked by Eugene Ormandy for performance with the Philadelphia Orchestra; markings include durations.
- Tabuteau, Marcel, 1887-1966.
- Contained In:
- Eugene Ormandy Collection of Scores. Box 173.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|