Symphony no. 4 [i.e. 8] in G major : for full orchestra : op. 88 / composed by Antonín Dvořák.
- Standardized Title:
- Symphonies, no. 8, op. 88, G major
- London ; New York ; Novello, Ewer, c1892.
1 score (178 p.) ; 35 cm. +75 parts ; 32-35 cm.
- Symphonies -- Scores and parts.
- First ed. Cf. Die Musik in Geschichte und Gegenwart.
Forms part of: Eugene Ormandy Archive, Special Collections, Van Pelt Library, University of Pennsylvania.
- Local notes:
- This set of score and parts was created by the library of the Philadelphia Orchestra during the tenure of conductor Eugene Ormandy. It consists of: 1 Novello, Ewer, and Co. full score (pl. no.: 9231); 56 Novello, Ewer parts (pl. no.: 9220); 19 Luck's Music Library parts.
Includes original folder with circulation record.
Score marked by Eugene Ormandy for performance with the Philadelphia Orchestra; markings include bowings, doublings, durations, one of which is marked with the initials of George Szell, and metronome markings, many of which differ from those of the composer.
Parts marked for performance by members of the Philadelphia Orchestra; some parts contain manuscript inserts.
Also included: 1 leaf ms. of additional music for 3rd trumpet to be used at letter L in the last movement.
- Contained In:
- Eugene Ormandy Collection of Scores. Box 65.
- Publisher Number:
- 9231 Novello, Ewer
9220 Novello, Ewer
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|