Overture in D minor / G. F. Handel ; freely transcribed for large orchestra by Eugene Ormandy.
- Standardized Title:
- Chandos anthems. In the Lord put I my trust. Symphony; arranged
1 ms. score (36 p.) ; 34 cm. + 1 ms. score (18 p.) ; 35 cm. + 68 parts ; 31-35 cm.
- Overtures -- Scores and parts.
Orchestral music, Arranged -- Scores and parts.
Music -- Manuscripts -- Facsimiles..
Ormandy, Eugene, 1899-1985 -- Manuscripts -- Facsimiles.
- Holograph (Pencil); Ms. (Ink).
Originally for 2 oboes, string orchestra, and continuo; it is essentially the same music as the first two movements of the Concerto grosso op. 3, No. 5.
Forms part of: Eugene Ormandy Archive, Special Collections, Van Pelt Library, University of Pennsylvania.
- Local notes:
- This set of scores and parts was created by the library of the Philadelphia Orchestra during the tenure of conductor Eugene Ormandy. It consists of: 1 ink ms. score (36 p.), hardbound, and 1 pencil ms. score (18 p.); 34 ink ms. parts; 32 ozalid copies of ms. parts; 2 photocopies of ms. parts.
Includes original folder.
Hardbound copy of score marked by Eugene Ormandy for performance with the Philadelphia Orchestra; markings include changes in orchestration.
Parts marked for performance by members of the Philadelphia Orchestra; some parts contain manuscript inserts.
Also included: 5 ink ms. masters of string parts on translucent paper; 7 photostat negatives of ms. parts; 1 Breitkopf & Härtel score (pl. no.: H.W.21.5*; publisher's no.: 2755) of the complete Concerto grosso op. 3, no. 5, the first two movements of which are marked with indications for Ormandy's arrangement.
- Ormandy, Eugene, 1899-1985 , Arranger
- Handel, George Frideric, 1685-1759. Concerti grossi, op. 3. No. 5.
- Contained In:
- Eugene Ormandy Collection of Scores. Box 70.
- Publisher Number:
- 2755 Breitkopf & Härtel
H.W.21.5* Breitkopf & Härtel
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|