The library companion, or, The young man's guide, and the old man's comfort, in the choice of a library / by the Rev. T.F. Dibdin
- Other records:
- Other Title:
- Young man's guide, and the old man's comfort, in the choice of a library
Dibdin's library companion
- London : Printed for Harding, Triphook and Lepard and J. Major, 1824.
li, , 912 p. ; 23 cm.
- Book collecting.
Bibliography -- Best books.
- Place of Publication:
- England London.
- The "Breeches" edition because of an anecdote on p. 394 which was omitted from later editions.
Engraving on t.p.
"Synoptical table of subjects and authors": p. [xxix]-li.
Errata on p. 912.
- Local notes:
- Culture Class Collection copy has bookplate of Edward B. Krumbhaar.
Culture Class Collection copy has letter written in ms. to John Temple from the author to presenting this book to him tipped in.
- Penn Provenance:
- Krumbhaar, E. B. (Edward Bell), 1882- (bookplate) (Culture Class Collection copy)
Temple, John (inscription) (Culture Class Collection copy)
Dibdin, Thomas Frognall, 1776-1847 (autograph) (Culture Class Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Culture Class Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
English Culture Class Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|