The Bayeux tapestry : the complete tapestry in color / with introduction, description, and commentary by David M. Wilson.
- 1st American ed.
- New York : Alfred A. Knopf : [Distributed by Random House, Inc.], 1985.
234 p. : ill. (some col.), maps ; 35 cm.
- Bayeux tapestry.
Great Britain -- History -- William I, 1066-1087 -- Historiography.
Hastings, Battle of, England, 1066, in art.
- Introduction: A work of art and an historical document
The story told in the Tapestry
Style, art and form
Buildings, dress and objects.
- Title printed in rust and and black within double-ruled rust border.
"This is a Borzoi Book published by Alfred A. Knopf, Inc."
"Originally published in Great Britain as 'The Bayeux Tapestry' by Thames and Hudson Ltd."
Includes bibliographical references (p. 228-233) and index.
- Local notes:
- Gotham Book Mart Collection copy housed in slipcase.
- Penn Provenance:
- Gotham Book Mart (former owner) (Gotham Book Mart Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Gotham Book Mart Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
- 0394547934 :
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|