Seneca's morals by way of abstract : to which is added, a discourse under the title of An after-thought / by Sir Roger L'Estrange.
- Standardized Title:
- Selections. English. 1729
- Other Title:
- Morals by way of abstract
- The thirteenth edition.
- London : Printed for G. Strahan, A. Bettesworth, J. Tonson, B. Lintot, B. Motte, and D. Browne, MDCCXXIX 
, 475,  p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 20 cm (8vo)
- Seneca, Lucius Annaeus, approximately 4 B.C.-65 A.D.
Conduct of life -- Early works to 1800.
Stoics -- Early works to 1800.
Philosophy, Ancient -- Early works to 1800.
Ethics -- Early works to 1800.
- Place of Publication:
- England London
- Seneca's life and death
Of a happy life
- Signatures: A⁸ a⁸ B-2H⁸ 2I⁴.
- Local notes:
- Furness Collection copy has bookplate of Thomas Gordon Willson.
Culture Class Collection copy has ms. ink inscription on front pastedown: Guthrie of Guthrie; also signed "Guthrie" on title page and again on back pastedown.
Culture Class Collection copy has some worming.
- Penn Provenance:
- Willson, Thomas Gordon (bookplate) (Furness Collection copy)
Guthrie of Guthrie (inscription) (Culture Class Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Cited in:
- ESTC T100878
- L'Estrange, Roger, Sir, 1616-1704.
Strahan, George, d. 1752, bookseller.
Bettesworth, Arthur, d. 1739, bookseller.
Tonson, Jacob, d. 1735, bookseller.
Lintot, Bernard, bookseller.
Motte, Benjamin, d. 1738, bookseller.
Browne, Daniel, d. 1762, bookseller.
Fourdrinier, Paul, 1698-1758.
Culture Class Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
Latin Culture Class Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
Horace Howard Furness Memorial Library (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|