The book of Sir Thomas More ...
- Standardized Title:
- Sir Thomas More (Old play)
- [London : Printed for the Malone Society by H. Hart, at the Oxford University Press], 1911.
- The Malone Society reprints
xxxi, 93 p., 4 leaves : facsims. ; 23 x 18 cm.
- More, Thomas, Saint, 1478-1535.
Shakespeare, William, 1564-1616 -- Autographs.
- "The manuscript of Sir Thomas More is preserved in the British Museum, where it is classed as ms. Harley 7368 ... Facsims. illustrating the seven different hands appearing in the manuscript accompany the present edition."--Pref.
The bulk of the play is now ascribed to Anthony Munday. Of the additions, 3 pages (f. 8-9) may be in Shakespeare's hand. cf. Sir E. Maunde Thompson, Shakespeare's handwriting. 1916.
"This edition ... has been prepared by the general editor [W.W. Greg]"
- Local notes:
- A photocopy of this edition is available for public use.
- Penn Chronology:
- Munday, Anthony, 1553-1633.
Shakespeare, William, 1564-1616.
Greg, W. W. (Walter Wilson), 1875-1959
Horace Howard Furness Memorial Library (University of Pennsylvania)
- British Museum. Manuscripts (Harleian 7368)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|