Scenes from the life of an American Jew / John Sanford.
- Santa Barbara : Black Sparrow Press, 1985-1991.
5 volumes : portraits ; 24 cm
- Sanford, John, 1904-2003.
Novelists, American -- 20th century -- Biography.
Jews -- United States -- Social life and customs.
Sanford, John, 1904-2003 -- Biography.
Sanford, John B., 1904-.
Jews -- Social life and customs.
Sanford, John B.
- v. 1. The color of the air
v. 2. The waters of darkness
v. 3. A very good land to fall with
v. 4. A walk in the fire
v. 5. The season, it was winter.
- "This edition is published in paper wrappers. There are 300 cloth trade copies. 150 hardcover copies have been numbered and signed by the author & 26 copies handbound in boards ... have been lettered & signed by the author"--Colophon.
- Local notes:
- Gotham Book Mart Collection copy 1 is hardcover edition, numbered and signed by the author, no. 55.
Gotham Book Mart Collection copy 2 is hardcover edition.
Gotham Book Mart Collection copy 3 is paperbound edition.
Gotham Book Mart Collection copy 3 v.2 has pamphlet "A Note Concerning John Sanford's Epic Trilogy" laid in at front.
- Penn Provenance:
- Sanford, John B., 1904- (autograph) (Gotham Book Mart Collection volume 1 copy 1)
Gotham Book Mart (former owner) (Gotham Book Mart Collection copies 1 & 2)
- Penn Chronology:
- Gotham Book Mart Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
- Other format:
- Online version: Sanford, John B., 1904- Scenes from the life of an American Jew.
- 0876856431 (pbk. : v. 1) :
9780876856437 (pbk. : v. 1)
087685644X (hard : v. 1) :
9780876856444 (hard : v. 1)
0876856458 (signed ed. : v. 1) :
9780876856451 (signed ed. : v. 1)
0876856725 (hard : v. 2)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|