Lucy, or Selim's complaint : a favorite song / composed by Mr. Hook. Nancy : sung in the opera of the Smugglers.
- Standardized Title:
- Other Title:
- Selim's complaint.
Night o'er the world her curtain hung.
Twas where a willows drooping branches seem to woo.
- New York (131 William Street, New York) : printed & sold at J. Hewitt's Musical Repository, [between 1797 and 1799]
- Musical score
 p. of music ; 34 cm.
- Songs with piano.
Operas -- Excerpts, Arranged.
- Songs; for voice and piano.
The 2nd work is an excerpt from Thomas Attwood's opera.
English words; 1st verse printed between the two staves of music and verses 2-3 printed as text following the music.
First line of text of 1st work: Night o'er the world her curtain hung.
First line of text of 2nd work: 'Twas where a willows drooping branches seem to woo.
- Cited in:
- Sonneck-Upton. Early secular American music, p. 242.
- Atwood, Thomas, 1765-1838.
- Contained In:
- Keffer Collection of Sheet Music.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|