The uncollected poetry and prose of Walt Whitman : much of which has been but recently discovered : with various early manuscripts now first published / collected and edited by Emory Holloway ... ; illustrated ; in two volumes ...
- Other records:
- First edition.
- Garden City, N.Y. ; and Toronto : Doubleday, Page & Company, 1921.
- Printed at Garden City, N.Y., U.S.A.
2 volumes : illustration, portraits, facsimiles ; 22 cm
- Place of Publication:
- United States New York (State) Garden City.
- Pagination: volume 1: xcii, , 264 pages,  leaves of plates ; volume 2: viii, , 351,  pages,  leaves of plates.
Issued with dust jackets in box. For a full description of binding, dust jackets, and box, see Myerson pages 299-300.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Local notes:
- Whitman Collection copy: volume 2 has some marginal manuscript marks in pencil in text.
Whitman Collection copy purchased by the Penn Libraries in 1944 from Mrs. Frank Julian Sprague.
Whitman Collection copy is without box and dust jackets.
- Penn Provenance:
- Holloway, Emory (autograph, 1/1922) (RBC copy)
Davis, H.S. (autograph 2/1922) (RBC copy)
Green, Thelma D., Estate of (donor) (RBC copy)
Sprague, Harriet Chapman Jones (former owner) (Whitman Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Cited in:
- Myerson, J., Walt Whitman, A 24.1.a1, pages 297-301
- Holloway, Emory, 1885-1977, editor.
Sprague, Harriet Chapman Jones, 1876-1969, former owner.
Doubleday, Page & Company, publisher.
Walt Whitman Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
Mrs. Frank Julian Sprague Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
- Other format:
- Online version: Whitman, Walt, 1819-1892. Uncollected poetry and prose of Walt Whitman.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|