Close up the ranks : by permission respectfully inscribed to Miss Constance Cary / composed by a refugee in London ; addressed to soldier comrades in the field by Chaplain Cameron.
- Other Title:
- The fell invader is before.
Close the ranks, close up, close up the ranks.
- Richmond, Va. : lithographed by Geo. Dunn & Compy., c1864.
- Musical score
1 score ( p.) : ill. ; 30 cm.
- Songs with piano.
United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Songs and music.
Confederate States of America -- Songs and music.
Cameron, S. F. -- Portraits.
O'Sullivan, John L. (John Louis), 1813-1895 -- Musical settings.
- Song; for voice and piano; refrain set for chorus (SATB) and piano.
"Poetry by John L. O'Sullivan"--Cf. Crandall.
Verses [2-9] printed as text at bottom of p. .
First line of text: The fell invader is before.
First line of refrain: Close the ranks, close up, close up the ranks.
Caption illustration: portrait of Chaplain Cameron.
- Cited in:
- Crandall, M.L. Confederate imprints, 3379.
- O'Sullivan, John L. (John Louis), 1813-1895.
Cameron, S. F.
Cary, Constance. , Dedicatee
- Contained In:
- Keffer Collection of Sheet Music.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|