The turmoil : a novel / by Booth Tarkington author of "Monsieur Beaucaire" "The Conquest of Canaan" "Penrod" etc. ; illustrated by C. E. Chambers.
- Other records:
- New York ; London : Harper & Brothers Publishers, MCMXV .
, 348,  p.,  leaves of plates : ill. (1 col.) ; 20 cm.
- Young men -- Fiction.
Middle West -- Fiction.
Social classes -- Fiction.
City and town life -- Fiction.
Children of the rich -- Fiction.
- Place of Publication:
- United States New York (State) New York.
- Title printed within single-ruled border.
"Published February, 1915 A-P."
Colored frontispiece and black and white plates facing p. 50, 60, 106, 120, 148, 176, 264 and 312.
Red cloth binding stamped in gilt.
- Local notes:
- Gotham Book Mart Collection copy 1 has ms. inscription: "March 20, 1915. To Father from Edwin [....]" on the front free endpaper.
Gotham Book Mart Collection copy 2 has postcard laid in with ms. inscription on back of card: "I have thought many times how much you would enjoy this little story. - So it says Merry, Merry Christmas".
- Penn Provenance:
- Dreiser, Theodore, 1871-1945 (bookplate) (Dreiser copy)
Lea, Arthur H., Mrs. (autograph) (RBC 813 T174T)
Gotham Book Mart (former owner) (Gotham Book Mart Collection copies 1 & 2)
Edwin (inscription) (Gotham Book Mart Collection copy 1)
- Penn Chronology:
- Cited in:
- Currie, B. Tarkington p. 64-65
Russo & Sullivan. Tarkington p. 34-36
- Gotham Book Mart Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
Chambers, Charles Edward, 1883- ill.
Library of Theodore Dreiser (University of Pennsylvania)
Culture Class Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
American Culture Class Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|