The Chorister : a collection of chants & melodies adapted to the psalms & hymns of the Episcopal Church : op. 12 / selected, composed, arranged and respectfully inscribed to the ladies and gentlemen forming the Choral Association of St. Peters Church by Benjamin Carr.
- Philadelphia : Published for B. Carr, [c1820]
- Carr's musical miscellany in occasional numbers ; no. 58.
Carr's musical miscellany in occasional numbers ; no. 59.
- Musical score
1 score (36 p.) ; 34 cm.
- Episcopal Church -- Hymns.
Anglican Communion -- United States -- Hymns.
Choruses, Sacred (Mixed voices) with organ.
- Miserere, or the 51st psalm : as chaunted in the churches during the season of Lent / B. Carr (No. 58 of Carr's musical miscellany in occasional number)
Eloi : selected from Dr. Harrington's sacred dirge : composed by him for a solemn service in Passion week ... (No. 59 of Carr's musical miscellany in occasional numbers).
- Works by B. Carr and others.
For chorus (1-5 mixed voices) with organ acc.
- Local notes:
- Copy 3 lacking p. 3-4.
- Penn Provenance:
- Hopkinson, Edward Jr. (donor) (copy 2)
Cooper, Francis (inscription) (copy 2)
Hopkinson, Oliver (copy 2)
Musical Fund Society of Philadelphia (stamp) (copy 3)
Richardson, Samuel (inscription, 1824) (copy 3)
Schetky, Caroline (inscription, 1824) (copy 3)
- Penn Chronology:
- Cited in:
- Wolfe, R. J. Secular music, 1622 (Carr: Miserere); 3393 (Harrington: Eloi).
- Carr, Benjamin, 1768-1831.
St. Peter's Church (Philadelphia, Pa.). Choral Association. , Dedicatee
- Carr, Benjamin, 1768-1831. Miserere.
Harington, Henry, 1727-1816. Eloi.
- Contained In:
- Keffer Collection of Sheet Music. (copy 1)
Hopkinson collection of music. v. 2 (copy 2)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|