The bibliography of Walt Whitman / by Frank Shay.
- Other records:
- Other Title:
- Half-title: Whitman bibliography
- New York : Friedmans', 1920. , ©1920
- New York : The A.B. Tripler Press.
46 pages,  leaf of plates : portrait ; 19 cm
- Whitman, Walt, 1819-1892 -- Bibliography.
Whitman, Walt, 1819-1892.
- Place of Publication:
- United States New York (State) New York (City)
- "This edition of the Whitman bibliography is limited to five hundred numbered copies ..."--Verso of half-title leaf.
- Local notes:
- Whitman Collection copy is number 126 (the copy number supplied in manuscript) of a limited edition of 500 copies. See verso of half-title leaf.
Whitman Collection copy has some manuscript corrections to text in pencil; manuscript notes in pencil quoting Thomas B. Harned on page 38 and back free endpaper.
Whitman Collection copy purchased by the Penn Libraries in 1944 from Mrs. Frank Julian Sprague with her autograph on front pastedown.
Whitman Collection copy has newspaper clipping (with manuscript note in pencil: Post Jan 31 1921) with article signed Christopher Morley laid in.
- Penn Provenance:
- Sprague, Harriet Chapman Jones (autograph) (former owner) (Whitman Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Cited in:
- BAL IX, page 100
- Sprague, Harriet Chapman Jones, 1876-1969, former owner.
A. B. Tripler Press, printer.
Walt Whitman Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
Mrs. Frank Julian Sprague Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
- Other format:
- Online version: Shay, Frank, 1888-1954. Bibliography of Walt Whitman.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|