Taxe cancellarie apostolice [manuscript].
- Other Title:
- Omnium sullarum duo sunt genera alterum de beneficiis non consistorialibus.
- [France, ca. 1500]
52 leaves : paper, col. ill. ; 213 x 144 mm. bound to 218 x 148 mm.
- Catholic Church -- Dioceses -- France -- 15th century.
Catholic Church -- History -- 15th century.
Manuscripts, Latin -- 15th century.
- On the charges to be levied for various services by the apostolic chancery.
- Ms. codex.
Title from caption title (f. 1r).
Incipit and explicit: (f. 1r) Omnium bullarum duo sunt genera alterum de beneficiis non consistorialibus ... (f. 32r) et duodecimus due[...] de ramero.
Collation: Paper, x (17th-century paper) + 32 + x (17th-century paper); 1-2⁴, 3-4¹²; [1-32]; modern foliation in pencil, upper right recto.
Script: Written in a Gothic cursive script.
Binding: 17th-century French[?] brown calf over cardboard (Zacour-Hirsch).
Origin: Written in France, ca. 1500 (Zacour-Hirsch).
Cover wearing; leather crumbling slightly. Spine wearing and splitting, especially along the hinges.
There is a commentary on the manuscript in French, evidently written by a previous owner, on two preliminary folios (f. [ii]r-[iii]v). This appears to be 17th or 18th century in date.
- Penn Provenance:
- Formerly owned by C. S. Jordan[?] (bookplate, inside upper cover).
- Cited in:
- Described in Zacour, Norman P. and Hirsch, Rudolf. Catalogue of Manuscripts in the Libraries of the University of Pennsylvania to 1800 (Philadelphia: University of Pennsylvania Press, 1965), p. 160 (Ms. Lea 57).
- Cited as:
- UPenn Ms. Codex 87
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|