[Letter to the count of Palamos] : [manuscript], 1498 1 November.
- Other Title:
- Spectable conde nuestro muy amado.
- 1498 1 November.
1 item (1 leaf) : paper ; 28 cm.
- Ferdinand V, King of Spain, 1452-1516.
Isabella I, Queen of Spain, 1451-1504.
Sicily (Italy) -- History -- 15th-18th centuries.
- Manuscripts, Spanish -- 15th century.
- In Spanish.
- Letter from Joan, Infanta of Aragon and Queen of Sicily, to the Count of Palamos, respecting her planned visit with Ferdinand and Isabella of Spain, which now had to be delayed for various reasons until the following spring.
- Incipit: Spectable conde nuestro muy amado ...
Letter is signed P. Arenes, presumably the secretary who wrote out the letter.
Naples (line 4); 1 November 1498 (lines 14-15).
Humanistic secretarial hand.
There are notes on the verso and indications that there was once a wax seal on the letter.
Modern transcription in folder.
- Penn Provenance:
- Purchased, 1954.
- Cited in:
- Described in Zacour, Norman P. and Hirsch, Rudolf. Catalogue of Manuscripts in the Libraries of the University of Pennsylvania to 1800 (Philadelphia: University of Pennsylvania Press, 1965), p. 222 (Ms. Lea 377).
- Arenes, P., secretary.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|