A century of representation theory of finite groups [videorecording] / Charles W. Curtis ; introduced by Gerald Janusz.
- [Providence, RI] : American Mathematical Society, c1990.
- AMS-MAA joint lecture series
1 videocassette (ca. 60 min.) : sd. col. ; 1/2 in.
- Representations of groups.
- Documentary films.
- Charles W. Curtis presents the historical development of the representation theory of finite groups, beginning with Gauss, proceeding to Frobenius' work on character theory and Burnside's work on representation theory. He then discusses the Feit-Thompson theorem of groups of odd order and discusses contributions of Noether and Brauer, among others.
Video of an AMS-MAA Joint invited address given Jan. 20, 1990 in Louisville, Ky.
- American Mathematical Society. , Producer
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|