1:100,000-scale DLG data hydrography/transportation [electronic resource].
- Other records:
- Other Title:
Digital line graph.
U.S. Geological Survey 1:100,000-scale digital line graph (DLG).
1:100,000-scale DLG data hydro/trans.
1:100,000-scale digital line graph (DLG) data, hydrography and transportation.
- Reston, Va. : U.S. Dept. of the Interior, U.S. Geological Survey, Earth Sciences Information Center, -
- Government document
computer laser optical disks ; 4 3/4 in.
- United States -- Maps -- Data bases.
United States -- Maps -- Software.
- System Details:
- System requirements: IBM PC or compatible (80296-, 80396- or 80486- based machines recommended); 640 K RAM; DOS; Microsoft CD-ROM ewxtension version 2.01 or higher; CD-ROM drive; EGA/VGA graphic display; mouse not required but software will take advantage of one if present.
- The DLG data files derived from the 1:100,000-scale maps contain selected base categories of cartographic data in digital form. The data do not necessarily correspond to traditional feature separates associated with the maps from the USGS Topographic Map series of the U.S. Geological Survey. Current categories of data include hydrography and transportation. Future plans are to expand the data to cover hypsography, boundaries and the public land survey system. Digital data are useful for the production of cartographic products, such as base maps, and the data are structured to support the analytical functions of geographic information systems. A typical use of base category digital cartographic data is to combine them with other geographically referenced data, enabling various automated spatial analyses to be conducted.
- Area 2. Middle Atlantic states
Area 3. Southeastern states
Area 4. Florida
Area 13. Northwestern states
Area 14. Hawaiian Islands.
- Title from label on disk for Area 4, Florida.
Title on main menu: U.S. Geological Survey 1:100,000-scale digital line graph (DLG) menu.
Title on cover of container: 1:100,000-scale digital line graph (DLG) data hydrography and transportation.
Title on side of container: 1:100,000-scale DLG hydro/trans.
"Standard format", i.e. data is in a Cartesian coordinate system with the origina at the center of the cell, following other parameters. Also available in an "Optional format," with the data expressed in the Universal Transverse Mercator coordinate system.
Disk characteristics: CD-ROM.
Disk contains machine-readable documentation: Data users guide 2.
- Earth Science Information Center (U.S.)
Geological Survey (U.S.)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|