Undercurrents in the floating world : censorship and Japanese prints / Sarah E. Thompson, H.D. Harootunian.
- Thompson, Sarah E.
- [1st ed.]
- New York : Asia Society Galleries, c1991.
viii, 104 p. : ill. (some col.) ; 28 cm.
- Color prints, Japanese -- Edo period, 1600-1868 -- Exhibitions.
Color prints, Japanese -- Meiji period, 1868-1912 -- Exhibitions.
Art -- Censorship -- Japan -- Exhibitions.
Ukiyoe -- Exhibitions.
- Local subjects:
- -- PU
- "Published on the occasion of ... an exhibition organized by the Asia Society Galleries, New York. October 9, 1991-January 5, 1992"--T.p. verso.
Includes bibliographical references.
- Local notes:
- Storage copy has the exhibition pamphlet.
- Luber, Gilbert, -1999 (bookplate) (former owner) PU
Luber, Shirley (bookplate) (former owner) PU
Shofuso Japanese House and Garden (donor) PU
- Harootunian, Harry D., 1929-
Gilbert, Shirley, and Marilyn Luber Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
Asia Society. Galleries.