Green cane and juicy flotsam : short stories by Caribbean women / Carmen C. Esteves and Lizabeth Paravisini-Gebert, editors.
- New Brunswick, New Jersey : Rutgers University Press, 1991.
- Rutgers Press fiction
Rutgers Press fiction
xxix, 273,  pages : illustrations, map ; 23 cm
- Short stories, Caribbean.
Caribbean fiction -- Women authors.
- Place of Publication:
- United States New Jersey New Brunswick.
- Tétiyette and the Devil / Anonymous (Guadeloupe)
Little Cog-burt / Phyllis Shand Allfrey (Dominica)
Cotton Candy / Dora Alonso (Cuba)
See Me in Me Benz An T'ing: Like the Lady Who Lived on That Isle Remote / Hazel D. Campbell (Jamaica)
They Called Her Aurora (A Passion for Donna Summer) / Aida Cartagena Portalatín (Dominican Republic)
Columba / Michelle Cliff (Jamaica)
A Pottage of Lentils / Marie-Thérèse Colimon-Hall (Haiti)
Three Women in Manhattan / Maryse Condé (Guadeloupe)
Hair / Hilma Contreras (Dominican Republic)
Piano-Bar / Liliane Dévieux (Haiti)
Barred: Trinidad 1987 / Ramabai Espinet (Trinidad)
The Poisoned Story (Rosario Ferré (Puerto Rico)
Cocuyo Flower / Magali García Ramis (Puerto Rico)
How to Gather the Shadows of the Flowers / Ángela Hernández (Dominican Republic)
Opéra Station. Six in the Evening. For Months ... / Jeanne Hayvrard (Martinique/France)
Girl / Jamaica Kincaid (Antigua)
No Dust in Allowed in This House / Olga Nolla (Puerto Rico)
Widow's Walk / Opal Palmer Adisa (Jamaica)
Parable II / Velma Pollard (Jamaica)
Red Flower / Paulette Poujol-Oriol (Haiti)
The Day They Burned the Books / Jean Rhys (Dominica)
Lola or the Song of Spring / Astrid Roemer (Surinam)
Brights Thursdays / Olive Senior (Jamaica)
ADJ, Inc. / Ana Lydia Vega (Puerto Rico)
Of Nuns and Punishments / Bea Vianen (Surinam)
Passport to Paradise / Myriam Warner-Vieyra (Guadeloupe)
Of Natural Causes / Mirta Yáñez (Cuba).
- "But there has been until now no collection of short stories where the student of literature as well as the general reader could experience the richness and variety of the genre as practiced by Caribbean women. The stories included in this anthology have been selected to show the broadest spectrum of themes, styles, and techniques."--Introduction.
Translated from Spanish and French, some originally in English.
"Cover design by Liz Schweber Doles. Cover illustration: Elizabeth Grajales, 'Woman with Golden Breath,' chalk pastel on paper."
Includes bibliographical references (p. -273).
- Local notes:
- Kislak Center Banks Collection copy presented to the Penn Libraries in 2018 by Joanna Banks.
Banks Collection copy has certain titles marked on contents page.
- Penn Provenance:
- Banks, Joanna (donor) (Banks Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Esteves, Carmen C., 1952- editor.
Paravisini-Gebert, Lizabeth, editor.
Joanna Banks Collection of African American Books (University of Pennsylvania)
- 0813517370 :
0813517389 (pbk.) :
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|