Sidney Bechet and friends [sound recording].
- [S.l.] : EmArcy : New York, N.Y. : Marketed by PolyGram Classics, 1989.
- Compact jazz
- Sound recording
1 sound disc : digital ; 4 3/4 in.
- Jazz -- France -- 1941-1950.
Jazz -- France -- 1951-1960.
Jazz -- Netherlands -- 1951-1960.
Saxophone music (Jazz).
Clarinet music (Jazz).
Trombone music (Jazz).
- High society / W. Melrose ; P. Steel ; C. Williams ; A. J. Piron (3:16)
On the sunny side of the street / D. Fields ; J. McHugh (2:40)
Honeysuckle rose / A. Razaf ; F. Waller (2:56)
I can't believe that you are in love with me / C. Gaskill ; J. McHugh (2:38)
Wrap your troubles in dreams / T. Koehler ; B. Moll ; H. Barris (3:06)
It had to be you / G. Kahn ; I. Jones (2:39)
Baby won't you please come home / C. Warfield ; C. Williams (2:28)
Please don't talk about me when I'm cone / S. Calre / S. H. Stept (2:35)
Ooh! boogie! / S. Bechet (2:53)
After you've gone / H. Creamer ; T. Layton (2:27)
I'm goin' way down home / (traditional) [no timing given]
Margie / B. Davis ; C. Conrad ; J. R. Robinson (2:24)
Dutch swing college blues / S. Bechet (3:09)
King porter stomp / J. R. Morton (2:56)
Weary way blues / I. Cox ; L. Austin (2:37)
Panama / G. V. Hobart ; R. Hubbell (2:479
Tiger rag / H. De Costa ; O.D.J.B. (4:22)
Texas moaner blues / F. Barnes ; C. Williams (5:35)
That's a plenty / H. Creamer ; B. A. Williams ; L. Pollack (4:03)
Swanee river / S. C. Foster (3:29)
Limehouse blues / D. Farber ; P. Braham (4:06)
Black stick / Bechet (5:32)
Les oignons / S. Bechet (2:17).
- Sidney Bechet, soprano saxophone (1st-14th works ; French Band (1st-4th works) ; Feetwarmers (5th-12th works) ; Dutch Swing College Band (13th-14th works) ; Claude Luter, clarinet, Lorientais (15th-16th works) ; Jimmy Archey, trombone (17th-20th works) ; Michel Attenoux, soprano saxophone, and his orchestra (17th-23rd works). Also featuring: Benny Vasseur, trombone (1st-4th works) ; Peter Schilperoort, clarinet (13th-14th works).
- Recorded in Paris, May 16, 1949 (1st-4th works), Nov. 5, 1949 (5th-12th works), July 6, 1948 (15th-16th works), Jan. 27, 1955 (17th-20th works), Jan. 24, 1955 (21st-22nd works), Mar. 1, 1956 (23rd work), and in Hilversum, May 8, 1951 (13th-14th works).
Notes on the performer, and full credits, including personnel for each ensemble, and publishers ( p. : ill.) inserted in container.
- Luter, Claude. , Performer
Archey, Jimmy. , Performer
Attenoux, Michel. , Performer
Vasseur, Benny. , Performer
Schilperoort, Peter. , Performer
- Publisher Number:
840 633-2 EmArcy
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|