A defence of the constitutions of government of the United States of America / by John Adams.
- London : Printed for C. Dilly, 1787.
, xxxi, , 4-392 p. ; 23 cm. (8vo)
- United States. Constitution
Constitutional history -- United States.
United States -- Politics and government -- 1783-1789.
Political science -- Early works to 1800.
- Also issued in 2 vol. ed.
A continuation was published in 1778.
- Local notes:
- At end of RBC copy: pages from the Dublin Chronicle dealing with the Constitution.
- Penn Provenance:
- White, Dr. (Inscription) (Yarnell copy)
Adams, John (autograph) (Yarnall copy)
Reed, Henry (autograph) (Yarnall copy)
Hutchinson, Francis, Sir (bookplate) (RBC copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Cited in:
- ESTC T143995
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|