Ancient streets and homesteads of England / by Alfred Rimmer ; and an introduction by the Very Rev. J.S. Howson ; with one hundred and fifty illustrations from drawings by the author, engraved by J.D. Cooper.
- Other records:
- London : Macmillan and Co., 1877.
xxii, 340 p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 23 cm.
- England -- Description and travel.
Historic buildings -- England.
- Fore-edge paintings -- England -- London -- 19th century.
Fine bindings -- England -- London -- 19th century.
Pictorial cloth bindings (Binding) -- 1877.
Gilt edges (Binding)
Printers' devices (Printing)
- With half-title.
Publisher's device on half t.p. verso.
- Local notes:
- Binding: 19th century full brown morocco with gold-tooled triple-fillet panel with center and corner decorations; on spine five raised bands with gold-tooled floral designs in four panels and author and title stamped in two panels; date stamped in gold at base of spine; gold-tooled turn-ins; marbled endpapers; gilt edges; fore-edge painting.
Athenaeum copy: Bound in light blue cloth, stamped in black and gilt. Front cover and spine illustrations of London streets. Gilt top edge.
Athenaeum copy: Gift: Mrs. R. Parry, 1992.
Athenaeum copy: Binder's ticket on lower pastedown: "Bound by Burn & Co."
- Penn Provenance:
- Hess, Frances C., Mrs. (donor)
- Penn Chronology:
- Cooper, James Davis, 1823-1904 , Engraver
James Burn & Company. , Binder
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|