Queen Victoria's jubilee : the great procession of June 22, 1897, in the Queen's honor : reported both in the light of history, and as a spectacle / by Mark Twain.
- United States : [publisher not identified], [1897?]
, 22 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm
- Great Britain -- History -- 19th century.
Victoria, Queen of Great Britain, 1819-1901 -- Anniversaries, etc.
Victoria, Queen of Great Britain, 1819-1901
Queens -- Great Britain -- Anniversaries, etc. -- 19th century.
Queens -- Great Britain -- History -- 19th century.
- Place of Publication:
- United States.
- "Privately Printed For Private Distribution Only."; title page.
"The First Printing in Book Form is Limited to 195 Copies, of Which This is No. [space left for handwritten copy number]"; title page verso.
"Photos Copyright by Underwood & Underwood, London & New York."; page , in front, beneath two photographic reproductions.
- Local notes:
- Kislak Center copy contains cut of (from bookseller's catalog?) description claiming year of publication as 1909. Original beige hardback binding, title and portrait of Queen Victoria n black/gray; title within double border; red spine; sewn. Kislak copy is a gift from Mrs. Francis C. Hess.
Kislak Center copy housed in a box with three other titles: "Mark Twain's (Burlesque) Autobiography and First Romance." and, "Pudd'nhead Wilson's Calendar for 1894"; and, "A True Story". all have the same call number.
- Penn Provenance:
- Hess, Francis C., Mrs.
- Penn Chronology:
- Underwood & Underwood, copyright holders.