Like water for chocolate : a novel in monthly installments, with recipes, romances, and home remedies / Laura Esquivel ; translated by Carol Christensen and Thomas Christensen.
- Standardized Title:
- Como agua para chocolate. English
- 1st ed.
- New York ; London ; Toronto : Doubleday, [c1992].
, 245,  p. ; 20 cm.
- Mexico -- Fiction.
Families -- Mexico -- Fiction.
Cooking -- Mexico -- Fiction.
Cooking, Mexican -- Fiction.
Mexican fiction -- Translations into English.
- Love stories.
Dust jackets (Binding)
- Translation of: Como agua para chocolate.
- Despite the fact that she has fallen in love with a young man, Tita, the youngest of three daughters born to a tyrannical rancher, must obey tradition and remain single and at home to care for her mother.
- "First Edition."
"The recipes in this book are based on traditional Mexican recipes and have not been tested by the publisher."
Translation of: Como agua para chocolate.
Jacket art [by] Cathleen Toelke; jacket design by Julie Duquet.
- Local notes:
- Gotham Book Mart Collection copy has dustjacket retained.
Nick Malgieri Culinary Archive and Library copy presented to the Penn Libraries in 2015 by Nick Malgieri.
Malgieri Collection copy: dust jacket retained.
- Penn Provenance:
- Gotham Book Mart (former owner) (Gotham Book Mart Collection copy)
Malgieri, Nick (donor) (Malgieri Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Gotham Book Mart Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
Nick Malgieri Culinary Archive and Library (University of Pennsylvania)
Culinary Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
- 0385420161 :
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|