Comus : a mask / by John Milton ; with thirty illustrations by Pickersgill, Corbould, Birket Foster, Harrison Weir, etc., engraved by the brothers Dalziel.
- Other records:
- London ; New York : G. Routledge & Co., 1858.
vii, 90 p. : ill. ; 21 cm.
- Place of Publication:
- England London.
- Two variants of the illustrations on p. 7, 71, and 79 exist: in one, the female figures are nude to the waist; in the other, the female figures are fully draped. Cf. Wickenheiser.
- Local notes:
- Milton Collection copy presented to the Penn Libraries by Joseph A. Wittreich in honor of Stuart A. Curran.
Penn Libraries Milton Collection copy is variant in which female figures in illustrations on p. 7, 71 and 79 are nude to the waist.
Penn Libraries Milton Collection copy: upper board detached; leaves dampstained at head outer corner.
- Penn Provenance:
- Curran, Stuart A. (honoree) (Milton Collection copy)
Wittreich, Joseph Anthony (donor) (Milton Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Cited in:
- Wickenheiser, R.J. Collection of John Milton, p. 79 (no. 244)
- Stuart Curran-Joseph Wittreich Milton Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
Horace Howard Furness Memorial Library (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|