The Color Complex : the politics of skin color among African Americans / Kathy Russell, Midge Wilson, Ph.D., Ronald Hall, Ph.D.
- First edition
- New York : Harcourt Brace Jovanovich, Publishers, 1992.
vii, , 200 pages ; 24 cm
- African Americans -- Race identity.
African Americans -- Color -- Social aspects.
Colorism -- United States.
Racially mixed people -- United States.
- Place of Publication:
- United States New York (State) New York (City)
Masters, Slaves, and Lovers
The Color Gap in Power and Privilege
Black Identity: Shades of Beauty and Pride
Hair: The Straight and Nappy of It All
Divided Families and Friends
Dating and Mating: A Question of Color
Color Harassment in the Workplace
The Media: Images in Black and Light
Epilogue: About Change.
- "Designed by Camilla Filancia."
"Jacket design by Irving Freeman."
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Local notes:
- Kislak Center Banks Collection copy presented to the Penn Libraries in 2018 by Joanna Banks.
Banks Collection copy: dustjacket retained.
Banks Collection copy has embossed stamp "JB Library of Joanna Banks".
Banks Collection copy has cartoon by Barbara Brandon laid in.
- Penn Provenance:
- Banks, Joanna (donor) (stamp) (Banks Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Wilson, Midge, author.
Hall, Ronald E., author.
Joanna Banks Collection of African American Books (University of Pennsylvania)
- 0151191646 :
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|