The oracle at Stoneleigh Court : stories / Peter Taylor.
- [1st ed.]
- New York : Alfred A. Knopf : [Distributed by Random House, Inc.], 1993. (Martinsburg, West Virginia : Printed and bound by Arcata Graphics/Martinsburg)
, 323.  pages ; 23 cm.
- United States -- Social life and customs -- 20th century -- Fiction.
Southern States -- Social life and customs -- Fiction.
- Place of Publication:
- United States New York (State) New York.
United States West Virginia Martinsburg.
- The oracle at Stoneleigh Court
The witch of Owl Mountain Springs: an account of her remarkable powers
At the Art Theater
The real ghost
In the waiting room
The decline and fall of the Episcopal Church (in the year of our Lord 1952)
The end of play
An overwhelming question
Three One-Act Plays: Familiar haunts; A redheaded man; Missing person.
- "This is a Borzoi Book published by Alfred A. Knopf, Inc."
"This book was set in Janson, a redrawing of type cast from matrices long thought to have been made by the Dutchman Anton Janson, who was a practicing typefounder in Leipzig during the years 1668-87. However, it has been conclusively demonstrated that these types are actually the work of Nicholas Kis (1650-1702), a Hungarian, who most probably learned his trade from the master Dutch typefounder Dirk Voskens."
"Typography and binding design by Dorothy Schmiderer Baker."
- Local notes:
- Potok Collection copy presented to the Penn Libraries by Adena Potok.
Potok Collection copy: dust jacket retained.
- Penn Provenance:
- Potok, Adena (donor) (Potok Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- The Library of Chaim Potok (University of Pennsylvania)
- 067941990X :
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|