Releasing the spirits [videorecording] : a village cremation in Bali / produced by [the] Department of Anthropology, Research School of Pacific Studies, Australian National University and Documentary Educational Resources.
- Other records:
- Watertown, Mass. : Documentary Educational Resources, 
1 videocassette (ca. 47 min.) : sd., col. ; 1/2 in.
- Cremation -- Indonesia -- Bali (Province)
Funeral rites and ceremonies -- Indonesia -- Bali (Province)
- Documentary films.
- A group cremation in Central Bali is portrayed, including pre-cremation preparations, the cycle of rituals and the casting of ashes into the ocean. Narration is given by four participants, recorded while they watched videotapes of the cremation two years later.
- Collaboration among Patsy Asch, Linda Connor and Timothy Asch and four Balinese particpants: Jero Tapakan, Ida Bagus, Nana Selasi and Men Muli.
- Dialogue in Balinese; narration and subtitles in English, subtitles translated from Balinese.
Issued as VHS 1/2 in.
- Jero Tapakan. , Performer
Connor, Linda, 1950- , Consultant to a project
Asch, Timothy. , Producer
Asch, Patty. , Producer
Documentary Educational Resources (Firm) , Distributor
Australian National University. Research School of Pacific Studies. Dept. of Anthropology. , Producer
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|