Netsilik Eskimos at the winter sea-ice camp [videorecording] / director, Robert Young ; producer, Quentin Brown ; executive producer, Kevin Smith.
- Other Title:
- At the winter sea-ice camp.
- Watertown, MA : Documentary Educational Resources, [between 1989 and 1992]
4 videocassettes (ca. 138 min.) : sd., col. ; 1/2 in.
- Netsilik Eskimos.
Eskimos -- Northwest Territories.
- Local subjects:
- Ethnic music recordings, Netsilik.
Ethnic music recordings -- Northwest Territories.
- Documentary films.
- Pt. 1. Cameras follow the men on a seal hunt. Each man tracks a seal breathing hole with his dogs and waits and kills it. The other men gather for a feast. Part. 2 depicts communal activities. In Pt. 3., a communal iglo is built, with individual alcoves; the men return to sealing and the women play with the children. Later, the men return with a seal and the flesh is divided among the family units. The dogs come in to eat the remnants and the men play games.
- Photographers, Robert Young, Kenneth Poste; editors, Michael Chalufour, Jack Hirschfeld.
- Netsilik Eskimo.
"Production of the Netsilik series was originally undertaken by the Social Studies Curriculum Program of Education Development Center."
Credits taken from part 4.
Filmed 1963-1965. Originally released as 16 mm. film in 1967 in the Netsilik Eskimo series, distributed by the National Film Board of Canada.
(Summary continued) In Pt. 4, activities in the igloo are depicted. A man makes a stone trough, children play, the boys play outside, men and women play at two different spear-the-peg games. The day ends with drum performances by the men to which the women sing. The next day the igloo is deserted, and the people trek across the sea ice.
- Young, Robert. , Director
Brown, Quentin. , Producer
Poste, Kenneth. , Photographer
Smith, Kevin. , Producer
National Film Board of Canada. , Distributor
Documentary Educational Resources (Firm). , Distributor
Education Development Center. Social Studies Curriculum Program. , Producer
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|