Lift every voice and sing / James Weldon Johnson ; illustrations by Elizabeth Catlett ; introduction by Jim Haskins.
- New York : Walker and Company, 1993. , ©1993
- Leominster, MA : Eusey Press
1 volume (unpaged) : illustrations ; 29 cm
- Songs, English -- United States -- Texts.
Songs, English -- United States -- Juvenile literature.
African Americans -- Songs and music.
African Americans -- Music -- Juvenile literature.
- Place of Publication:
- Canada Ontario ǂz Markham.
United States Massachusetts Leominster.
United States New York (State) New York (City)
- An illustrated version of the song that has come to be considered the African American national anthem.
- Includes music for voice and piano.
Published simultaneously in Canada by Thomas Allen & Son Canada, Limited, Markham, Ontario.
Text "copyright 1921 by Edward B. Marks Music Company. Copyright renewed"--verso of title page.
"Illustrations copyright ©1993 by Elizabeth Catlett"--verso of title page.
"Introduction copyright ©1993 by Jim Haskins"--verso of title page.
"The text typography is set in ITC Veljovic Bold and ITC Veljovic Bold Ital"--colophon.
"The interior and jacket of the book were printed by Eusey Press of Leominster, Massachusetts"--colophon
"The book was bound by Book Press of Brattleboro, Vermont"--colophon
"Book art direction and design by Georg Brewer"--colophon.
- Local notes:
- Kislak Center Banks Collection copy presented to the Penn Libraries in 2018 by Joanna Banks.
Kislak Center Banks Collection copy retains dust jacket.
Kislak Center Banks Collection copy has wrapper around dust jacket stating: A portion of the proceeds from this book will be donated to Hale House.
- Penn Provenance:
- Banks, Joanna (donor) (Banks Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Catlett, Elizabeth, 1915-2012, illustrator.
Haskins, James, 1941-2005, writer of introduction.
Brewer, Georg, book designer.
Walker and Company, publisher.
Thomas Allen Co., publisher
Eusey Press, printer.
Book Press (Brattleboro, Vt.), binder.
Joanna Banks Collection of African American Books (University of Pennsylvania)
Joanna Banks Collection of African American Children's Books (University of Pennsylvania)
- 0802782507 (cloth)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|