An introduction to Walt Whitman / by Henry S. Saunders ; with two scarce Whitman portraits.
- Other Title:
- Introduction to Whitman
- Toronto ..., Canada : Henry S. Saunders ..., 1934.
, 25,  pages,  leaves of plates : illustrations ; 20 cm
- Whitman, Walt, 1819-1892.
Poets, American -- 19th century -- Biography.
Whitman, Walt, 1819-1892.
- Place of Publication:
- Canada Toronto.
- "This first edition consists of 150 copies all bound by hand and signed by the author."--Preliminary page .
The two portraits of Whitman are photographic copies mounted on blank leaves.
- Local notes:
- Whitman Collection copy is number 81 (the copy number supplied in manuscript) of a limited edition of 150 copies bound by hand and signed by the author.
Whitman Collection copy presented to the Penn Libraries by Britton Harris.
Whitman Collection copy has printed paper label ("Introduction to Whitman - Saunders") affixed to verso of back free endpaper.
- Penn Provenance:
- Saunders, Henry Scholey, 1864-1951 (autograph) (Whitman Collection copy)
Harris, Britton (donor) (Whitman Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Harris, Britton, donor.
Walt Whitman Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
- Other format:
- Online version: Saunders, Henry Scholey, 1864-1951. Introduction to Walt Whitman.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|