Classical Broadway [sound recording] / Coleman, Strouse, Kander, Schmidt.
- Other Title:
- New York sketches.
Three poems by Lucile Adler.
Poems by Lucile Adler.
- [United States?] : Bay Cities, p1992.
- Sound recording
1 sound disc : digital ; 4 3/4 in.
- Adler, Lucile -- Musical settings.
Sonatas (Pianos (2))
Songs (High voice) with piano.
- New York sketches. Morning ; Afternoon ; Evening / Cy Coleman
String quartet no. 1 ; Sonata for two pianos / Charles Strouse
Three poems by Lucile Adler. Plaisir ; You ; The last day / John Kander
Monteargentario : seven dances for solo piano. Liberata ; Speccabellezze ; Conventaccio ; Carpinia ; Gianella ; Terrarossa ; Argentorola / Harvey Schmidt.
- Seth Rudetsky (1st work), Emily Witt (3rd work), Scot Woolley (3rd work), Warren Jones (4th work), Harvey Schmidt (5th work), pianos ; Carol Vaness, soprano (4th work) ; Korngold Quartet (2nd work).
- Music for the concert hall by composers best known for music for Broadway shows. For piano (1st, 5th works), string quartet (2nd work), 2 pianos (3rd work), and voice and piano (4th work).
The 4th work sung in English.
The 1st and 5th works recorded at Studio 900, New York, Mar. 18, 1992 and May 22, 1992, respectively; the remaining works recorded May 10, 1992, Krefting Pianos, Ludlow, Kentucky (2nd work), May 23, 1992, Xavier University, Cincinnati, Ohio (3rd work), and Apr. 25, 1992, Westrax Studio, New York.
Program notes by Jon Burlingame (including show credits by Richard C. Norton), and words of the 4th work ( p. : ill.) inserted in container.
- Rudetsky, Seth. , Performer
Witt, Emily. , Performer
Woolley, Scot ,
Vaness, Carol. , Performer
Jones, Warren, 1951- , Performer
Schmidt, Harvey. , Performer
Korngold Quartet. , Performer
- Coleman, Cy. New York sketches.
Strouse, Charles. Quartets, strings, no. 1.
Strouse, Charles. Sonatas, pianos (2)
Kander, John. Poems by Lucile Adler.
Schmidt, Harvey. Monteargentario.
- Publisher Number:
- BCD 1038 Bay Cities
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|