The dramatic works of Philip Massinger, compleat : in four volumes / revised, corrected, and all the various editions collated by Thomas Coxeter ; with notes critical and explanatory, of various authors ; to which are prefixed, critical reflections on the old English dramatic writers, addressed to David Garrick, Esq.
- Other records:
- Standardized Title:
- Works. 1761
- London : Printed for T. Davies ..., 1761.
4 v. : port. ; 21 cm. (8vo)
- v. 1. The virgin martyr. The Duke of Milan. The bondman. The Roman actor
v. 2. The renegado. The picture. The fatal dowry. The emperor of the East. The maid of honour
v. 3. A new way to pay old debts. The great Duke of Florence. The unnatural combat. The bashful lover
v. 4. The guardian. A very woman. The old law. The city madam. Poems on several occasions.
- Vol. 1 only has general and special t.-p.'s: v. 2-4 have title: The works of Philip Massinger.
Includes frontispiece portrait in volume one.
- Local notes:
- Furness copy imperfect: v.2-4 wanting
- Penn Provenance:
- Forrest, Edwin, Estate of (donor) (Forrest copy)
Benbow (donor) (Furness copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Coxeter, Thomas, 1689-1747.
Horace Howard Furness Memorial Library (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|