[Inventaire général de l'histoire de France / par Jean de Serres].
- [France : s.n., between 1600 and 1677]
v. ; 12 cm. (16mo)
- France -- History.
France -- Kings and rulers -- Early works to 1800.
Charles VII, King of France, 1403-1461.
Louis XI, King of France, 1423-1483.
- Place of Publication:
- Title supplied by cataloger.
Jean de Serres finished the history down to the death of Charles VI (Brunet, v. 6, col. 1259-1260, no. 23242) or the death of Charles VII (Dardier, Ch. in Rev. historique, v. 22 (1983), p. 325). Jean de Montlyard, son of a Geneva pastor, continued it to 1606, and various Catholic writers provided continuations down to the time of Louix XIV. Cf. Michaud, v. 39, col. 128.
The edition has not been identified, but is possibly either that of 1603 pub. by Vignon or that of 1636 by C. Morlot. Cf. BN, t. 171, col. 99-100. Definitely not that of 1599 or 1600. Cf. Adams, 998 and 999.
- Local notes:
- Imperfect: Library has vol. 2? only, which covers the reigns of Charles VII and Louis XI, is paged -735,  and is signed A-ZZ .
- Penn Provenance:
- Fyvie, Alex., Lord, 1642-1677 (Autograph)
Read, Conyers, Mrs. (donor)
- Penn Chronology:
- Montlyard, Jean de, fl. 1590.
Henry Charles Lea Library (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|