Valentinian : a tragedy / as 'tis alter'd by the late Earl of Rochester, and acted at the Theatre-Royal ; together with a preface concerning the author and his writings by one of his friends.
- London : Printed for Timothy Goodwin ..., 1685.
, 82,  p. ; 23 cm. (4to)
- itrd e.ir .*r, EvPr (3) 1685 (A)
- Valentinianus III Emperor of the West, d. 455 -- Drama.
- Place of Publication:
- England London.
- Signatures: A⁴ a-c⁴ B-L⁴ M².
An alteration of Fletcher's play.
The preface concerning the Earl of Rochester is by Robert Wolseley.
One of the three prologues written by Aphra Behn.
- Local notes:
- Culture Class Collection copy presented to Penn Libraries by Charles W. Burr, M.D.
Culture Class Collection copy imperfect: preliminary leaves 13-16, containing the prologues, wanting.
Culture Class Collection copy has ms. underlines and numeration provided in ms. with numbers from 167 to 281.
- Penn Provenance:
- Burr, Charles W. (Charles Walts), 1861-1944 (donor) (Culture Class Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Cited in:
- Woodward & Manaway. Check List of English Plays, 1641-1700, 1299
- Behn, Aphra, 1640-1689.
Rochester, John Wilmot, Earl of, 1647-1680.
Wolseley, Robert, 1649-1697.
Culture Class Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
English Culture Class Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|