The magical adventures of Pretty Pearl / Virginia Hamilton.
- First 1st ed.
- New York : Harper & Row, Publishers, 1983.
, 311,  pages ; 22 cm
- African Americans -- Juvenile fiction.
- Childrens subjects:
- African Americans -- Fiction.
- Place of Publication:
- United States New York (State) New York (City)
- Pretty Pearl, a spirited young African god child eager to show off her powers, travels to the New World where, disguised as a human, she lives among a band of free blacks who have created their own separate world deep inside a vast forest.
- "A Charlotte Zolotow Book."
"Designed by Al Cetta."
"Jacket collage, Under Morning Skies, © 1982 by Romare Bearden."
Coretta Scott King Book Awards - Author, Honor, 1984
- Local notes:
- Kislak Center Banks Collection copy presented to the Penn Libraries in 2018 by Joanna Banks.
Banks Collection copy: dustjacket retained.
Banks Collection copy has embossed stamp "JB The Library of Joanna Banks".
- Penn Provenance:
- Banks, Joanna (donor) (stamp) (Banks Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Joanna Banks Collection of African American Books (University of Pennsylvania)
- 0060221860 :
0060221879 (lib. bdg.) :
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|