Miscellanies / written by Jonathan Swift ...
- Standardized Title:
- The fourth edition.
- London : [s.n.], 1722.
, xxvii, , 204 p.,  leaf of plates : port. ; 17 cm. (12mo)
- Advertisements -- England -- London -- 18th century.
- I. The art of punning
II. The right of precedence
III. Advice to a young poet
IV. The swearer's bank
V. A defence of English commodities
VI. An imitation of Horace
VII. Letters, poems, tales, &c.
- Each section has special t.p.
"The art of punning" (p. i-xxvii, 1-32) has been attributed to Thomas Sheridan or to Sheridan and Swift. Cf. Brit. Mus. Cat.; Teerink.
Swift's authorship of parts of the remainder of the text is considered doubtful by Teerink. Cf. H. Teerink. A bibliography of the writings of Jonathan Swift. Philadelphia, 1963. p. 131.
Advertisements on p.  (first count).
- Local notes:
- Forrest copy with: Puff-indorst, Fartinando. The benefit of farting explain'd. Long-fart (Longford in Ireland) [i.e. London] : Printed by Simon Bumbubbard ..., 1722 -- The wonderful wonder of wonders. London : [s.n.], Printed in the year 1722.
Forrest copy imperfect: port. wanting.
- Penn Provenance:
- Forrest, Edwin, Estate of (donor) (Forrest copy)
Appleton, H.W. (bookplate) (Teerink copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Cited in:
- ESTC t039486
- Sheridan, Thomas, 1687-1738. Art of punning.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|