The complete works of Sir John Vanbrugh / the plays edited by Bonamy Dobrée ; the letters edited by Geoffrey Webb.
- Bloomsbury [London] : the Nonesuch Press, 1927-28.
4 v. : ill. ; 27 cm.
- Historic buildings -- England
- v. 1. Note as to the text. Introduction. Chronological list of events in Vanbrugh's life. List of editions. Main authorities. The relapse. The provok'd wife. A short vindication of The relapse and The provok'd wife.
v. 2. Aesop, pt. I-II. The pilgrim. The false friend. The country house.
v. 3. The confederacy. The mistake. A journey to London. The provok'd husband.
v. 4. The preface. Introduction. The letters.
- "Limited to 1300 sets of four volumes on machine-made paper (numbered 111 to 1410), and 110 sets on English hand-made paper (numbered 1 to 110)."
Text of the plays is that of the first edition, collated with one or more subsequent editions, while the letters have been taken from the originals as far as possible.
With views and plans of Blenheim and other buildings designed by Vanbrugh.
- Local notes:
- RBC copy is no. 232.
VPL copy is no. 937.
- Penn Chronology:
- Dobrée, Bonamy, 1891-1974.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|