The history of the wars, of His late Majesty Charles XII, King of Sweden : from his first landing in Denmark, to his return from Turkey to Pomerania / by A Scots gentleman in the Swedish service.
- Other records:
- The second edition. With a continuation to the time of his death.
- London : Printed by H. P. for A. Bell, W. Taylor, and J. Osborne, 1720.
, 402,  p.,  leaf of plates : ill. ; 21 cm. (8vo)
- y.nd m,er wnof Haus (3) 1720 (R)
- Sweden -- History -- Charles XII, 1697-1718.
- Booksellers' advertisements -- England -- London -- 18th century.
- Place of Publication:
- England London.
- Sometimes attributed to Daniel Defoe (Lee, Trent, Hutchins, Moore, Novak). Attribution disputed by Furbank and Owens.
"Continuation of the history:" p. 249-402.
First edition published London 1715, under title: The history of the wars of his present majesty Charles XII.
Advertisement on final leaf for books printed and sold by William Taylor.
Signatures: [A]⁴ B-Aa⁸ Cc².
- Local notes:
- Culture Class Collection copy has bookplate on front pastedown of Preston Viscount Gormanston.
Culture Class Collection copy final endleaf (originally the pastedown?) is torn off close to inner margin.
- Penn Provenance:
- Preston, Viscount Gormanston (bookplate) (Culture Class Collection copy)
Mendenhall, John C. (donor) (Singer-Mendenhall copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Cited in:
- ESTC, T65953
Furbank and Owens. Defoe deattributions, 433
Moore, J.R. Checklist of the writings of Daniel Defoe, 433
- Defoe, Daniel, 1661?-1731.
Culture Class Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
English Culture Class Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|