The direct option / Richard C. Bartlett.
- 1st ed.
- College Station : Texas A & M University Press, ©1994.
xviii, 274 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm
- Direct selling -- United States -- Case studies.
- Case studies.
- Party plans, individual calls, customer lists - this hands-on guide to a career in direct selling introduces readers to one of the fastest-growing sectors of the American economy. Companies such as Avon, Mary Kay, Shaklee, Amway, and Discovery Toys offer careers - part- or full-time - to millions of Americans, nine out of ten of whom are women. The beauty of direct selling is the ease of entry: low cost, no educational requirements, no age, ethnic, disability, or other barrier to achieving success.
This book, written by a professional with forty years' experience in different aspects of direct sales, tells the stories of real people from various companies currently making excellent incomes in the field. It also presents the basics of deciding whether this is the right career move, choosing a direct sales organization, setting up a business, and following through to success. The role of direct sales in the larger economy, the ethics of direct selling, and the prospects for international expansion are all explained.
- Choosing the direct option: The benefits and rewards
Is the direct option for you?
Evaluating direct-selling organizations
Examining your motivation
Building your business
Managing your time
Managing your business
Marketing your career
You can lead
It's where you finish
The winning team: Profiles of successful direct-selling organizations
Going global: The international direct option.
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 267-274).
- Other format:
- Online version: Bartlett, Dick, 1935- Direct option.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|