British plays from the restoration to 1820. Edited, with introductions and bibliographies, by Montrose J. Moses.
- Other records:
- Boston, Little, Brown, and company, 1929.
2 v. fronts., plates, ports., facsims. 24 cm.
- English drama -- Restoration, 1660-1700.
English drama -- 18th century.
English drama -- 19th century.
- 1. The rehearsal, by G. Villiers. The Spanish fryar; or, The double discovery, by J. Dryden. The man of mode; or, Sir Fopling Flutter, by G. Etherege. The plain-dealer, by W. Wycherley. The way of the world, by W. Congreve. The provok'd wife, by J. Vanbrugh. Venice preserv'd; or, A plot discover'd, by T. Otway. The careless husband, by C. Cibber. The conscious lovers, by R. Steele.
II. Jane Shore, by N. Rowe. The beaux's stratagem, by G. Farquhar. The beggar's opera, by J. Gay. Douglas, by J. Home. She stoops to conquer; or, The mistakes of a night, by O. Goldsmith. The fashionable lover, by R. Cumberland. The clandestine marriage, by G. Colman, sr. and D. Garrick. The school for scandal, by R. B. Sheridan. The Cenci, by P. B. Shelley.
- Paged continuously.
Each play accompanied by reproduction of original t.-p.
Bibliography: v. 2, p. -921.
- Local notes:
- Gotham Book Mart Collection copy v.2 has dustjacket retained.
- Penn Provenance:
- Gotham Book Mart (former owner) (Gotham Book Mart Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Gotham Book Mart Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|