Telling the truth about history / Joyce Appleby, Lynn Hunt, Margaret Jacob.
- [1st ed.]
- New York ; London : W. W. Norton & Company, .
, 322 p. ; 22 cm.
- United States -- Historiography.
- Place of Publication:
- United States New York (State) New York.
- Part One. Intellectual Absolutisms. The heroic model of science; Scientific history and the idea of modernity; History makes a nation
Part Two. Absolutisms Dethroned. Competing histories of America; Discovering the clay feet of science; Postmodernism and the crisis of modernity
Part Three. A New Republic of Learning. Truth and objectivity; The future of history.
- "First Edition"
"The text of this book is composed in Galliard with the display set in Garamond Oldstyle."
Green leatherette spine stamped in gold with cream boards.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Local notes:
- Gift of Mr. & Mrs. Sheldon Hackney.
Storage copy signed by Sheldon Hackney in front.
Storage copy has MS. notes by Sheldon Hackney in back.
Potok Collection copy presented to the Penn Libraries by Adena Potok.
Potok Collection copy: dust jacket retained.
- Penn Provenance:
- Potok, Adena (donor) (Potok Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Hunt, Lynn, 1945-
Jacob, Margaret C., 1943-
The Library of Chaim Potok (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|