The quintessence of Nathanism / by Vladimar Kozlenko.
- [Limited ed.]
- New York : Vrest Orton, 1930.
53,  p. : port. ; 20 cm.
- Nathan, George Jean, 1882-1958.
- Place of Publication:
- United States New York (State) New York.
- Title printed within single-ruled border with decorative border at top and bottom.
On verso of title-page: "... 300 copies printed at Silvermine Ct. U.S.A."
Cream paper patterned boards with paper label pasted on spine.
- Local notes:
- RBC LC copy has typed note on front cover signed in ink H.L.M.: "This book ... was actually written by George Jean Nathan, and the name of Kozlendo [sic] was entirely imaginary. Nathan printed it in order to punish me for turning him out of the American Mercury. Since our friendship has resumed, he has refused absolutely to mention it."
RBC LC copy has typed note on recto of first flyleaf: "Last night ... I had dinner at Lucius White's ... and there met Vrest Orton .... He told me that in I930 he was trying to set himself up as a publisher and Nathan brought the manuscript to him .... He never saw Kozlenko ... He is now convinced that Nathan wrote the book. [Signed "August Mencken"].
RBC LC copy has 4 typed leaves discussing the authorship of this work attached to the cover, paste-down endpaper, free endpaper and p.  of cover by August Mencken, Alfred A. Knopf and Vrest Orton.
Culture Class Collection copy has letter from August Mencken to Richard with information about this book laid in.
- Penn Provenance:
- Mencken, August, 1889-1967 (autograph) (RBC LC copy & Culture Class Collection copy)
Knopf, Alfred A., 1892-1984 (autograph) (RBC LC copy)
Orton, Vrest, 1897- (autograph) (RBC LC copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Library of Theodore Dreiser (University of Pennsylvania)
Culture Class Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
American Culture Class Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|