The good husband / Gail Godwin.
- 1st ed.
- New York : Ballantine Books, 1994.
468 p. ; 25 cm.
- Women college teachers -- New York (State) -- Fiction.
Marriage -- New York (State) -- Fiction.
Women authors, American -- Fiction.
Death -- Fiction.
Women college teachers -- Fiction.
Married women -- Fiction.
Women authors -- Fiction.
New York (State) -- Fiction.
- Domestic fiction.
- A flamboyant woman professor holds court as she lies dying from cancer. The novel traces the effect she has on the people around her: her self-effacing, much younger husband who left the priesthood to marry her, another professor who is suffering from writer's block, and the professor's wife who is falling in love with the ex-priest. By the author of Father Melancholy's Daughter.
- Local notes:
- Gotham Book Mart Collection copy has dustjacket retained.
- Penn Provenance:
- Gotham Book Mart (former owner) (Gotham Book Mart Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Cited in:
- Fiction core collection. 16th ed., p. 269
- Gotham Book Mart Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
- 0345372433 :
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|